"The timing is perfect", says Matchoy Cruz, husband of Fern Ann Teves. He was referring to the arrival date which will be only 5 days before the Tanjay Fiesta which traditionally is the most well-attended town fiesta in the whole region. And to those expatriate Tanjayanons who have been away for so long, coming home together for the fiesta with some other 50 or so eager fellow-Tanjayanons and friends is reason enough to get ecstatic. And if that is not titillation enough, many have also planned for class reunions with their high school classmates whom they have not seen for 20, 30 or 40 years. Then, as the municipal officials together with our friends and relatives back home, have been made aware of Balik-Tanjay, this trip promises to be a very memorable and most enjoyable time for those "self-exiled, but forever loyal" Tanjayanons, their families & friends.
Friday, July 18 - Departure LAX (Please wear your official Balik-Tanjay Souvenir T-shirts).
Sunday, July 20 - Arrival at Mactan International Airport, Cebu. (Dept. of Tourism has guaranteed special line for Tanjayanons who will be accorded "courtesy" and VIP treatment at Customs and Immigration).
- To meet us at the Airport will be the advance party composed of Mrs. Frances Teves (co-head of the delegation), Anesio Piñero (Association vice president), Edgar Arrieta (Association director), and representatives from the offices of Cong. Mike Romero and Tanjay Mayor Arturo Regalado.
-Two air-conditioned buses and a cargo truck will take the whole delegation (and their balik-bayan boxes) from the airport all the way to Tanjay, via Cebu City, to Bato, aboard the ferry, then to Tampi, Amlan and then finally to Tanjay.
- Buses will unload on the grounds of the Tanjay Municipal Hall, where a small reception and light snacks will be served to the returning Tanjayanons and their friends and families.
- That day being Sunday, a Te Deum Mass and Ecumenical Thanksgiving Services for the safe arrival of Balik-Tanjayanons are planned and will be then offered at the nearby churches.
Wednesday, July 23 (a day before the Fiesta vesperas) - Balik-Tanjayanon Night.
Thursday, July 24 - Vesperas sa Fiesta (sinugbang baboy, dinugu-an, etc.)
Friday, July 25 - Tanjay Fiesta-Kumbera in all houses
Other functions/activities (no fixed dates yet):
- Distribution of used clothing (Estela Navarro - coordinator).
- One day Medical Mission (courtesy of Tanjay's US-based doctors and nurses - Dr. Enting Batiancilla and Rotary Club, sponsors).
- Dinner with Congressman Mike Romero.
- A day with Mayor Regalado - sight seeing, briefings on the progress of Tanjay, investments, etc.
- Picnic sa Punong (hosted by Ms Salome Calumpang-Pastor).
- Class Re-unions (individual classes)
- Ballroom Dancing (complete with DI's).
- Tryst at the Park Cafe.
- (Also to be arranged: Special Mahjong lessons to be conducted by Tanjay's best!)
- o - o - o - o - o - o -
Front Page | Page 2